Tuesday 15 May 2012

Happy Birthday Structure

It was Friday the 2nd of March 2012, when myself you and Luzuko gathered at McDonalds in town for no apparent reasons, I guess it was one of our bonding sessions. We laughed and joked together, the usual old thing that we used to do all the time. I remember I suggested that the structures upgrade their cell phones and you went like “Dude, stop bitching about cell phones, we have bigger problems than that, like buying cars hey”. I had no choice but to laugh and you laughed along and we enjoyed ourselves, little did we know that it was our last meeting. I am not too sure why, but I asked you to come with us to class and for some reason you refused, it was probably because you had a feeling that the gate was already opened and all that was left was for you to walk in, I know in a different day you would have came with us. It took me a very long time to believe that you had really left, but after a very emotional memorial service, I started putting things into perspective but that doesn’t mean I stopped hurting, to this day I am still hurting everytime I think of the memories.

If my memory serves me well, in your 22nd birthday, we were at the E.Learning and I remember Luzuko bought a Gatsby for lunch and you went on like, guys this is so unstructural, why we are eating a Gatsby? this is so not cool man and again we laughed about it. We asked how old were you and as usual the least expected answer came “I am 22 dude, I am young and relevant” oh man, so many memories. A year later from that day, we have to say happy birthday and you are not here, you are not with us, but what can we do, we have to carry on with life.

On your 23rd Birthday, I would love to offer my sincere gratitude for all the memories you left behind, the time you spent with me on earth, for every moment that you made me laugh and all the knowledge you shared with me at Varsity, I really thank you Thembisile. I hope the angels are treating you well wherever you are! Till we meet again………….Goodbye My Friend!


No comments:

Post a Comment