Tuesday 15 May 2012

Memoirs of a Young Hustler

We were a brand, we were hot like that, we were a trademark by the name of “Thee Structures” but now we aint a brand anymore, we lost our ‘R’ that made the brand complete, we r just a band now, the empty space you have left is strongly felt, the pain that we feel, aint no medicine for it, I’d give up myself for you, just for you to be back, we were suppose to rise n shine together young hustler, we had some good times together, the fun n happiness we shared, the achievements we had with you, I bow to god thanking him for the opportunity of having you in our lives, even if it was only two years, it sure feels like a lifetime structure, we were more than just a brand. We were the Structures, we were a trademark yeeaah man!!. I promise you one day we gonna show you what we made of ourselves, we gonna live for you, we gonna make you proud.
Today I passed by Civic Centre, it was a coincidence I guess, because today is your birthday, today would’ve been your birthday...as I walked, I looked at the spot I last saw u, the spot where I had hugged you n bid goodbye…only that I didn’t know it was the last day seeing you, u were wearing your favourite jacket, that grey hoodies you loved so much, I loved it too. My heart breaks thinking about those things, can’t stop the tears from falling, will the pain ever end. I doubt.
The world has lost a legend, to us u were, you were taken from us so soon, in such a painful way. We will never forget you, not in a million years, you gonna keep shinning till the end of time, love you always…
Author: Makapa Makhoro.

1 comment:

  1. I couldnt have said it better myself Makapa, oh what a loss, it will take a very very long time for everyone to come to terms with his passing!

    ReplyDelete